JIB Medical looks forward to serving your family’s health care needs. All participants in the Pension Hospitalization and Benefit Plan (PHBP) are eligible to use its services, as detailed in the Summary Plan Description for the PHBP.
JIB Medical sees patients who come to the facility for primary care as well as patients who have outside doctors. For those patients who have a private doctor primarily managing their healthcare, JIB Medical doctors will add all they can and work with the other doctor(s) as the patient wishes. Of course, all findings are available to the patient and any other doctor the patient designates and releases information to under HIPAA.
There are no copays for non-acute care medical services performed at JIB Medical.
EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2022, JIB MEDICAL CO-PAYMENTS WILL BE INCREASED FROM $15 TO $25 FOR ALL VISITS, EXCEPT THE ANNUAL PHYSICAL AND OTHER PREVENTATIVE CARE SERVICES AT THE JIB MEDICAL CENTER.
This $25 co-payment at JIB Medical applies to all non-preventative services for which co-payments apply outside JIB Medical which includes but is not limited to office visits, diagnostic radiology and ultrasound. This $25 co-payment does not apply to immunizations, laboratory work, routine eye exams or services provided by the JIB Optical Department.
* This co-payment applies to both active and non-Medicare retired Participants and all eligible dependents. This copayment does not apply to visits to and services provided by the JIB Optical Department.
Visit JIB Medical online at www.jibmedical.org.
Contact JIB Medical at (718) 591-2014, for all questions and to make, change or cancel appointments. Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 6:45 PM and Saturday 8:00 AM to 2:15 PM.
* If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance.
- If urgent: Consider if an Urgent Care Center would be adequate visit online MagnaCare's Urgent Care Center Information Reference
- If necessary, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
- If not urgent, please call back during normal business hours (718) 591-2014.
- MagnaCare Advocacy Services is a valuable service the PHBP provides participants. It is available Monday through Friday at (866) 624-6260 and provides telephone assistance for a wide variety of problems, including advising on acute difficulties.
JIB Medical provides the following services:
- Annual complete check-up.
- This includes a complete physical exam and medical history, as well as electrocardiogram and laboratory tests as indicated.
- It is designed to address any current medical problems and to work with each patient to prevent as many future problems as possible and to help patients have as long, fit and healthy life as possible.
- Radiology services
- Immunizations - Flu shots and most others
- Dieticians - Available in person or online
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) exams are now performed by an outside physician to whom we can refer you.
- The pulmonary function portion of the exam (if needed) is NOT done at JIB.
- Appointments must be made in advance.
- Requests to perform prescribed tests from a patient’s doctor
- Optical department services located in the Electchester Shopping Center - Examinations for glasses or contact lenses
- Specialty appointments
- Specialty programs
- Smoking Cessation
- Lighten Up! Weight Loss program (telehealth visits only)
- Stress Reduction (in person and telehealth visits online)
Forms and Documents
JIB Medical P.C.
Pre-certification through MagnaCare
MagnaCare Advocacy Services
Express Scripts Network (Prescription Drug Questions)
NYC Well (free mental health services)