JIB Medical looks forward to serving your family’s health care needs. All participants in the Pension Hospitalization and Benefit Plan (PHBP) are eligible to use its services, as detailed in the Summary Plan Description for the PHBP.
JIB Medical sees patients who come to the facility for primary care as well as patients who have outside doctors. For those patients who have a private doctor primarily managing their healthcare, JIB Medical doctors will add all they can and work with the other doctor(s) as the patient wishes. Of course, all findings are available to the patient and any other doctor the patient designates and releases information to under HIPAA.
There are no copays for non-acute care medical services performed at JIB Medical.
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2019, JIB MEDICAL CO-PAYMENTS WILL BE INCREASED FROM $5 TO $15 FOR ALL VISITS, EXCEPT THE ANNUAL PHYSICAL AND OTHER PREVENTATIVE CARE SERVICES AT THE JIB MEDICAL CENTER.
This $15 co-payment at JIB Medical applies to all non-preventative services for which co-payments apply outside JIB Medical which includes but is not limited to office visits, diagnostic radiology and ultrasound. This $15 co-payment does not apply to immunizations, laboratory work, routine eye exams or services provided by the JIB Optical Department.
*This co-payment applies to both active and non-Medicare retired Participants and all eligible dependents. This copayment does not apply to visits to and services provided by the JIB Optical Department.
Visit JIB Medical online at www.jibmedical.org
Contact JIB Medical at (718) 591-2014, for all questions and to make, change or cancel appointments.
• Please call as soon as possible to notify us of any changes or cancellations, within 48 hours at the least
• Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM to 7 PM (not all services are available at all hours or every day).
• Last physical exam scheduled no later than 5:30 PM, other visits no later than 6 PM.
* Phone hours are 8:00 AM to 6:45 PM.
• Saturday: 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM (not all services are available at all hours or every Saturday). Last physical exam scheduled no later than 1:00 PM, other visits no later than 1:30 PM.
• If urgent: Consider if an Urgent Care Center would be adequate visit online MagnaCare's Urgent Care Center Information Reference
• If necessary, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
• If not urgent, please call back during normal business hours (718) 591-2014.
• Health Advocate is a valuable service the PHBP provides participants. It is available 24/7 at (866) 799-2723 and provides telephone assistance for a wide variety of problems, including advising on acute difficulties.
JIB Medical provides the following services:
Annual complete check-up.
• This includes a complete physical exam and medical history, as well as electrocardiogram and laboratory tests as indicated.
• It is designed to address any current medical problems and to work with each patient to prevent as many future problems as possible and to help patients have as long, fit and healthy life as possible.
CardioPrevention Program (CPP)
• Is a unique program created to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease. If a patient wants to add the CPP to the annual exam, it is important to request it in advance.
• As extensive as the CPP is, for the patient the only noticeable difference is a harmless and painless sonogram of the arteries in the neck. The additional labs and exam do not require anything extra of the patient.
• A limited number of CPP’s are scheduled weekly, so some might have to be deferred to a later date
Follow-up visits for ongoing care from previous visits, including acute and chronic conditions, discussing results, ongoing preventive care and others.
School forms (all levels)
‘Appointment request’ – JIB Medical’s term for appointments requested for any other reason, even on short notice (if an opening is available)
• Most non-contrast x-rays of any body parts.
• Ultrasound of most organs
• Bone density
• Mammography and breast sonograms.
• ECHO cardiograms
• Carotid sonograms, including Carotid IMT (CIMT), for the CPP.
• Total Body Composition Scans
Immunizations - Flu shots and most others.
Pediatric visits (check-ups, illness, immunizations, camp exams, school forms).
OSHA required evaluations.
Acupuncture (for pain relief only).
Dieticians for one-time or ongoing counselling on nutritional health and practices.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) exams are now performed by an outside physician to whom we can refer you.
• The pulmonary function portion of the exam (if needed) is done at JIB.
• Appointments must be made in advance.
Requests to perform prescribed tests from a patient’s doctor:
• Laboratory work.
• Blood pressure checks.
• Radiology tests done in the department.
• Pulmonary function testing.
Optical department services (optometrists, glasses, safety glasses)
Specialty appointments (limited).
• Gynecology and obstetrics
• Smoking Cessation
• Lighten Up! Weight Loss Program
Forms and Documents
JIB Medical P.C.
Pre-certification through MagnaCare
Express Scripts Network (Prescription Drug Questions)
NYC Well (free mental health services)