Electrical Employers Self Insurance Safety Plan (E.E.S.I.S.P.)

The Electrical Employers Self Insurance Safety Plan (E.E.S.I.S.P.) administers Workers’ Compensation benefits, collectively bargained supplemental benefits and Short-Term Disability benefits for many of the members of IBEW Local Union No. 3.

One of the most important features of E.E.S.I.S.P. is the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) program. In 1996, the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board granted E.E.S.I.S.P. the authority to operate the ADR program for all claims filed after that date. E.E.S.I.S.P. is the largest entity in the state which operates an ADR program. The ADR program has resulted in shorter time periods from injury to claim resolution, reduced attorney fees and claim handling that is sensitive to the particular needs of injured workers and contractors operating in the electrical industry in the New York City environment.

E.E.S.I.S.P. has partnered with Optum to provide prescription benefits for your work related injury. Learn more information about this benefit.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

New York State law has recently been amended to provide for Paid Family Leave (PFL) and/or Disability leave in certain circumstances due to the COVID-19 infection scenario.  Please find below the two New York State forms that must be completed to process a claim and review the instructions carefully to determine whether or not you may be eligible for benefits. 

Instructions for taking PFL for a Minor Dependent Child due to Covid-19 Quarantine/Isolation

Instructions for taking Disability and/or PFL for yourself due to COVID-19 Quarantine/Isolation

FAQs Icon
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I file a Disability claim?

To file a disability claim, for a non-work-related illness or injury, contact E.E.S.I.S.P. at (718) 591-2800 for a telephone interview. You must file a DB-450 form.

The DB-450 should be mailed to the Workers' Compensation Board if you become disabled and have been on unemployment for four (4) weeks or more prior to your disability. This form should be sent to:

Workers’ Compensation Board
Disability Benefits Bureau
100 Broadway – Menands
Albany NY 12241
(800) 353-3092

You should complete Part A of the form and your doctor will complete Part B of the form.

The DB-450 should be sent to E.E.S.I.S.P. when you become disabled due to a non-work-related illness or injury while employed, or if you become disabled prior to four (4) weeks of unemployment. This form is sent to:

158-11 Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Avenue
Flushing, NY 11365.

View All Electrical Employers Self Insurance Safety Plan (E.E.S.I.S.P.) FAQs