General FAQs

If you move, you must let the Members’ Records Department know your new address. This must be done in writing. Simply complete the Change of Address form and mail it to the Members’ Records Department.

Or you may use the online Change of Address form, by clicking here.

In order to add a spouse or child to your benefits you must complete the enrollment form and return it to the Members’ Records Department. If you are adding a spouse, you must provide a copy of your marriage certificate. If you are adding a child, you must provide the child’s birth certificate indicating the participant’s name.

Once a dependent child reaches the age of 19, coverage is terminated under the Dental Benefit Plan of the Electrical Industry and the Dental Benefit Plan of the Elevator Industry, as applicable. However, if the child is a full-time student, coverage may be extended up until the child reaches age 26 if proof of full-time college enrollment is provided every semester. Proof of enrollment generally means an original letter from the college registrar’s office.

Yes, it is very important, especially if you are married. For example, if you are single and name a beneficiary and subsequently marry without changing the beneficiary, your spouse and the named beneficiary will divide all benefits equally. The same situation would apply to a divorced participant who remarries without changing the beneficiary from the former spouse to the new spouse.

Download, update and submit a Beneficiary Designation Form.  You will note that there are specific requirements to be fulfilled if you designate a beneficiary other than your spouse.