Life Events


If you get divorced, submit an Enrollment Form and a copy of your final divorce decree to the Members’ Records Department at the Joint Industry Board as soon as possible after your divorce is effective. You also may want to contact the Joint Industry Board to discuss how Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs) and Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSOs) affect your benefits. In addition, you may need to update your beneficiary information. For COBRA continuation of your ex-spouse’s medical and dental coverage, the Joint Industry Board must be notified within 60 days after the divorce. Your spouse will then be required to submit a COBRA Application Form to the Joint Industry Board within 60 days after he/she receives notification of his/her right to elect COBRA continuation coverage.